Monday, February 14, 2011

BANANA LEAF for the first time

It was Feb. 13, 2011 around past 2pm. Me and my hubby was seeking for a new discovery resto to dine on. We strolled from SM Annex to The Block when finally this resto caught our attention for the second time. Hmmm!!! We wondered at first why Banana Leaf? I asked my hubby, "Is their food was yummy?" Then he smiled at me and say, "Let's try!"...

The receptionist welcomed and greeted us with warm smile and lead us to our seats right away. There are few customers inside. But not usually crowded like the other resto. So that time we still in doubt if the food was great. Then another crew placed a banana leaves for us and the utensils. Now, my question is answered. Looks so weird, but it's so cool! Actually this is not my first time to eat on banana leaf, but this was my first time to eat using this alternative plate only. Some resto use banana leaf as cover on a plate. In this cafe only the leaf itself.


Then the receptionist came back to give us the menu book. Wow! The pictures look so yummy! And after few minutes we decided to ordered Penang Fried Rice with Salted Fish & Chicken, Deep Fried Squid Flavoured in Homemade Spicy Garlic, Vietnamese Prawn Ball with Cheese, extra plain rice (if ever i don't like the penang rice) and Fresh Buko Juice. The food was arrived 10-15 minutes after we ordered.

It was an unforgettable dining experienced with Banana Leaf Asian Cafe. The food was great, the place was so neat and clean. The staff are polite and always smiling. The place is not crowded so we still got our privacy. The price are very reasonable. All in all rate is 100%. Thank you for the staff and manager of that cafe. You made my birthday wonderful and of course thanks to my hubby who always make my day wonderful. And we go home happy and full.

100 % Food and Service Satisfaction
copyright @ 2011 by Mojari V.

No comments: